Harry. You’re not a bad person. You’re a very good person, who bad things have happened to. Besides, the world isn’t split into good people and Death Eaters. We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.
(Source: harrypotter.cc, via ohremus)
“A scarlet steam engine was waiting next to a platform packed with people. A sign overhead said Hogwarts Express, eleven o’clock. Harry looked behind him and saw a wrought-iron archway where the barrier had been, with the words Platform Nine and Three-Quarters on it.
Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, while cats of every color wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted to one another in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks.”
Happy September 1st, y’all!
(Source: stannisbarathcon, via gallifreyfalls)
WELCOME BACK TO HOGWARTS
Friendly reminder that anyone born between 1985-1998 didn’t get their hogwarts letter because Voldemort’s ministry wiped out the record of muggleborns
(Source: tracey-hummel, via acciothehungergames)
Do you think Scottish Muggleborns every get pissed of that they’ve got to trek down to London just to go back up to Scotland again?
This has been my question since the very beginning
I can’t stop laughing at Harry running the fuck away, the boy who lived ladies and gentlemen.
….You realize, of course, that Hermione Granger lit a teacher on fire when she was eleven, and kept a person alive in a jar for a year when she was fourteen, and studies dark and forbidden magics for kicks, and is one of the brightest and strongest witches of her era. If she came at me, even wandless, I would aparate to Neptune to get away from her.
Hermione Granger also:
- punched Draco Malfoy in the nose for being an idiot
- purposefully performed a confundus charm on whatshsface WHILE HE WAS FLYING just so Ron would win (omfg that is so fucking dangerous)
- literally pulled a fucking Bourne Identity on her parents and managed to set them up in fucking Australia (jesus christ she literally made it so that she NEVER EXISTED wtf that’s so fucking 007)
- Convinced the Ministry of Magic to give her an incredibly dangerous and volatile device that allowed her to ALTER TIMELINES COMPLETELY (just because she was so smart, literally, that is the reason, her “potential”)
- Has enough basic survival skills and badass magic to literally disappear to the middle of nowhere and flourish AND figure out Voldemort’s plot with Harry
- Hermione also figures out not only what Voldemort’s plan is, but generally how to beat it, WAY BEFORE VOLDEMORT EVER DOES. Why? because she is just that much smarter and better at magic than everybody else
in conclusion: Voldemort wishes he could be as awesome as Hermione, that’s why he wants to kill her so bad.
Can we rehave this series with hermione as the protagonist.
(Source: fallforwatsonmoved, via josiephone)
"your password is weak"
You’re the weak one
And you’ll never know love, or friendship
And I feel sorry for you
I DON’T EVEN CARE IF I’VE REBLOGGED THIS BEFORE
I’m going to reblog this before it disappears or worse…I like it.
there is no such thing as magic!
(Source: lutipa, via gallifreyfalls)
posted 1 week ago
with 5,425 notes
· originally lutipa
You do care, you care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.
(Source: harrypotterdailly, via potterish)
Some snaps from my Harry Potter Reread - Part 1 [Part 2]
If James and Lily had survived, I am positive that every time Harry got into trouble, there would be a huge betting pool on whether the next howler would be James and Sirius congratulating him or Lily screaming at him and commanding Severus to give him detention for a month. And as the Potter family owl would arrive, everyone would be silently anticipating the results, and at the end you’d see dumbledore discretely handing mcgonagall 10 galleons
I need a fanfiction like this
Diagon Alley - The Hogwarts Express
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
another thing I didn’t like about the harry potter movies: in the photos, they made harry’s parents look so old, in their mid-30s or even early 40s, when in the books they were 21 goddamn years old when they died
they were kids, they had just gotten married, they were in their college years, they were so young and the movies didn’t show that and I think that’s sad.
I’m the age now that Harry’s parents were when they died….shit